Terms & Conditions
Stonechat Bothy Terms & Conditions
The price includes:
- All heating (underfloor heating via oil boiler)
- Bed linen
- Woodburner with initial supply of firewood. Additional kindling and logs available at cost price from your hosts.
- Unlimited use of electrical appliances
A full inventory of the furnishings and equipment in the bothy is available from the hosts on request.
There is a minimum stay of 3 nights at any time throughout the year.
Wifi is provided through community broadband and is subject to disruption due to adverse weather or factors outwith our control. The average speed in the area is 2mbps.
- Conditions of booking
1. A non returnable deposit of £150 is required to reserve the accommodation. If the booking is made 6 weeks or less before the start date of the holiday the full rental is payable at once. Once a booking is accepted the applicant becomes liable to pay the balance.
- The full balance must be paid 6 weeks in advance of the holiday commencing. Non payment within this time limit will be treated as a cancellation.
- Payment can be made online from our website, by bank transfer (please request bank a/c details) or by cheque (made out to ‘Laura Cunningham’).
- Cancellation policy: Should a cancellation be made by the Client, for any reason, the Owners will seek to re-let the property for the period of hire. If successful in doing so a full refund will be made, if not the deposit will be forfeited by the Client. If cancellation occurs less than 6 weeks prior to hire and the Owners are unable to re-let for the period, then the entire hire fee will be liable by the Client. Clients are strongly advised to take out a Holiday Cancellation Insurance Policy.
- The Bothy should be left as clean as it is found on arrival. For the benefit of the next clients staying in the Bothy, please advise us as soon as possible of any breakage or damage that occurs during your stay. We do not charge for breakages or damage which occur as a result of normal use, but reserve the right to demand payment for damage or breakages which occur as a result of reckless or deliberate misuse. A surcharge may be levied if excessive servicing is required following a departure.
- Holiday lets operate from 4pm on the date of arrival until 10:30am on the date of departure (unless specific arrangements are made to the contrary). On the day of arrival please arrive to collect the keys before 7pm.
- Bookings made through the online booking system are provisional until guests receive confirmation.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Bothy
- The number of people staying in the Bothy will not exceed two adults.
- Should there be any problem or cause for complaint during a period of letting, please contact the hosts as soon as possible, who will endeavour to fix the problem.
- The Owners shall have no liability for any death, personal injury, damage or loss of personal property unless this results from our own negligence.
- The owners reserve the right of entry to the property to carry out unavoidable repairs or maintenance, but will inform guests in advance and only do so in agreement with guests.
- Guests are not permitted to bring pets.